Wednesday, September 19, 2012

BDSM: Part II - “Baby Let’s Play Rough"


This is Part II of my In a BDSM Dungeon series.

I’m continuing with my evening at Paddles the BDSM club on Friday night.

In one room, I watched people who were doing some RACK (Risk Aware Consensual Kink), needle play, knife play and fire play. For needle play, they injected sterile saline under the skin or one lady had a red ribbon laced like a corset along her back. They invited me to watch a session of needle play on a guy’s privates. I declined. Eeeks! I also saw knife play where they gently scored the skin, no deep cuts. And fire play.  Sticks coated with alcohol were brushed over the skin, then another stick that was lit was brushed over that area. The skin ignited in flames and then immediately the flames wiped away. 

Eeeks again! Now you know why they don’t allow alcohol in the club.

One difference between a regular night club and a BDSM night club, is in a regular night club, a guy might come up and ask to buy you a drink, ask you to dance or compliment your dress. That doesn’t happen in a BDSM club. I noticed submissive males will tend to hover around or even approach you looking to hook up with a Domme/Dom. But I was told it’s rare for a Dom/Domme to approach you. They will usually ask to be introduced to you, or you’ll have to meet them through friends or an online site prior to meeting them at the club. An interesting thing happened though when I got my lesson in flogging.

 

Lesson in Flogging:  We got a lesson in flogging. How to swing one properly without injuring the person. I went to the room of toys and traded my driver’s license for a flogger. When I came back to the main area, I found that I was suddenly surrounded by about a half dozen submissive males. I felt like Queen bee with a number of drone bees swarming around me. One gentleman approached, the same gentleman who had early ‘accidently’ bumped my arm when he passed a couple times. With the flogger in my hand, apparently that was a signal I was ready to play. He asked if I’d like to use the flogger on him. I politely said, “No, thank you, I wasn’t playing this evening.” He nodded and walked away. Overhearing my answer, the other subs also left. I followed the instructor up to the loft area to practice my swing where I couldn’t hurt anyone.

A comment about male submissives. Cris Anson makes an excellent comment on her blog post. Male submissives are not weak, nor should they be weak characters in BDSM novels. On the contrary, it takes great courage and strength to kneel and submit to another person and offer your trust. Many submissives are men and women of power like CEOs who are constantly in a state of control and power. To give that up that control completely, to submit to another person they can trust, even for a short time, is ecstasy to them.
 
Pandora. The not so secret private rooms of Pandora. Friday night was a good time to see more of the club, since it was quiet. Michael the owner took us on a tour of Pandora, the private area of Paddles. These rooms are rented out for private scenes. People who don’t like to have an audience or be recognized for one reason or another. Reason for that should be obvious. Again, thanks to Michael and all the staff of Paddles who were so welcoming and accommodating to us. Also to Dr. Charley Ferrer. She made us feel comfortable and relaxed and safe. Although, once we were at the club, everyone made us feel welcome. Dr. Charley and her assistant Allison were extremely helpful with answering tons of questions.

Chinese themed room in Pandora

The rooms in Pandora have a variety of themes. There’s a medical examining room for those who want to play doctor. And it looked like a detailed Emergency Room with stainless steel walls, florescent lighting, tray of instruments, IV stands, etc. A dress up room, an old fashioned school room with teacher’s desk, child’s desk, blackboard and a computer and webcam. Use your imagination. Another room has padded mats for wrestling, a Chinese theme room with a throne, pillars, and pillows, and a dungeon with a large wooden wheel where one could be strapped in and spun around and another jail and cross. I was told these rooms rent out for $200-300 or more per hour. On busy nights these rooms are open for public use.
 
Wheel & stocks in the dungeon room of Pandora
 

One thing I was impressed about was an incident I had with the safety officer. He stopped me at one point. I felt bad because I was being careful not to interrupt any scenes and was worried that I had done something wrong. Close by, a Dom was wrapping his sub up in blue cellophane in an elaborated bondage scene, then suspending her. It was quite fascinating to watch. Then he was taking pictures of her. The safety guard stopped me and said wait here or you’ll be in the picture. I was confused at first because I was no where near the stage and wasn’t going to walk in front of the Dom taking photos of his lovely wrapped up sub. But then it clicked. There was a mirror behind them, and the guard was concerned for my privacy. If I got closer, I could’ve been in the mirror and the photograph. Nice.

In part III, I’ll talk about the one scene I had a hard time watching. And what a Mind Fuck is all about. Don't forget to stop by Cris Anson's blog for her continuation in this blog series.
http://crisansonspassions.blogspot.com/ and keep an eye out at Francesca Hawley's blog she'll be doing a series of blog posts too.

8 comments:

June M. said...

I would love to go to a club one day... unfortunately, no one that I know is is the lifesyle. I have thought about talking to people on internet sites, but I have a hard time trusting people (which is good but does make it difficult at times to even let people very close to me). I know it would be very hard for me to get to the point that I could trust someone enough to submit to them.

Unknown said...

Very interesting. I didn't release how much some push the limits. I'd definitely like to tour a club one day.

Mona Karel said...

I'm happy to hear how careful the club is to protect privacy. This sounds like a fascinating visit.

Kathy Kulig said...

Hi June. I wouldn't want to go to one of these clubs alone. That's just me. I'd arrange to go with a friend. And yes it's hard to meet and trust people online. best to meet someone in a public place. Or join a group so you get references. :)

Hi Mona, I was impressed with the club and their policy on privacy. A very nice place.

Hey Amber. I learned a lot too. I hadn't realized about the hardcore playing either.

Kathy Kulig said...

Cris,

I have to stop over at your blog and check out your post too. Thanks for stopping by. There was certainly a lot going on during those two nights.

And too funny about the security (I'm not a robot) words. Who makes those up?? They had you tagged.

Dr. Charley Ferrer said...

Hi Kathy,

I'm thrilled you're writing about the BDSM FOR WRITERS Conference. It's always a thrill for me to learn what participants at my workshops took with them. As for Paddles (the nightclub), I do so love Michael's openness and his dedication to the safety and pleasure of those entering his establishment.

I look forward to next year and other events for writers and the general public.

Hugs.

Live with passion,

Doctor Charley...

Kathy Kulig said...

Hi Dr. Charley, Thank you for your post. The conference was wonderful!!! What a great group we had. The informations was extremely thorough about all aspects of the lifestyle. I learned so much. And like Cris said, unlearned a few things too.

Paddles was great fun and a wonderful learning experience as well. Michael is such a warm and open person and was so generous in taking the time to show us around. Victor too. And Alison.

I'd highly recommend this workshop/conference to writers.

Fedora said...

Very educational, Kathy! Thank you, and will need to pop over to Cris and Francesca's blogs too!