I know Harlequin has Carina Press but they just announced a new digital first line: Called simply-Harlequin's Digital First Series. Like Avon's Impulse, Berkley/NAL's InterMix and Grand Central's Forever Yours, Harlequin's Digital First line will be an e-book imprint.
So if you have a manuscript you'd like to polish up and you think it fits the following guidelines, check out the submission guidelines and send it in. As of now, they don't require an agent.
The genres they are currently looking for:
Contemporary RomanceFantasy and Fantasy Romance
Science Fiction and Teen Romance
Science Fiction Romance
Your Brilliant Idea***
***Authors have always been the innovators in publishing. Do you have a trilogy that just never fit anywhere?
Do you have a burning idea that keeps you up at night, but there has been no market for it? Now is the time to submit.
How to Submit:
Please submit only completed, fully polished manuscripts along with a query/cover letter and synopsis. Inthe subject line of your query, please type the manuscript title, your name and the genre of the manuscript.
Queries: Must include the following and will not be reviewed if any piece is missing:
1. A brief, introductory query letter including genre, word count and a short description of the book,as well as any pertinent information about the author, including both legal name and pen name
and any writing credits.
2. The full manuscript saved as an RTF file and attached, with file name TITLE_MANUSCRIPT whereyou substitute your book's title in place of TITLE.
3. A 2–5 page synopsis of the book detailing character development, plot and conflict/storyresolution. Attach as an RTF file with file name TITLE_SYNOPSIS where you substitute your
book's title in place of TITLE.
Please be sure to put the following information on the first page of all files: manuscript name, author penname/legal name, email address, phone number, genre and word count (stories can be any word length
above 10,000 words).
Submissions should be sent to
All submissions will receive an auto-response acknowledging receipt of submission. Please allow 8–12 weeksfor an editorial response to your submission. If a response has not been received after 12 weeks, please
follow up with the
Submit_HDigital@Harlequin.com email address. In the subject line of your query, please
type your manuscript name, your name and the genre of the manuscript. (Example: Book X by Jane Doe, Fantasy Romance.) In the body of the email, please let us know the date it was submitted. It is also helpful if you email from the same email address you used to send your submission.Harlequin authors should submit through their editor or Harlequin authors should submit through their editor or
• Select a readable font (not Courier)
• Make sure your synopsis answers all the questions raised in your plot—if we read your synopsis
will we understand why the murderer committed the crime?
We are not seeking previously published material; however, we are open to self-published material.