Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Smokin' Hot, with Guest Lynn LaFleur

 

I'm always excited to have my friend Lynn LaFleur as a guest. Besides being a talented author, she's a wonderful person. Her books are an auto-buy for me. Her heroes are hot, sexy, definitely hero-worthy and the heroines are strong, smart, sometimes willful, with a lot of heart. Expect a steamy and emotional read and an entertaining story that you won't be able to put down.
~

I graduated from high school in 1974. (You do the math.) All through high school, I listened to The Beatles, The Monkees, Paul Revere and The Raiders, Bread, Bobby Sherman. (I had SUCH a crush on Bobby Sherman!) Yep, I was a pop music junkie. While most of my friends had their radios tuned to country stations, I bebopped around my bedroom to The Partridge Family.

I’ve always loved music. When I started writing, music naturally went along with it. The type of music depends on what I’m writing. Sometimes I want to bebop along with those great 70s tunes. Sometimes a movie soundtrack will put me in the exact mood I need. Classical, rock, soft instrumental… It all depends on the scene and the characters.

Imagine a funky bubblegum song playing instead of the “da dum da dum” you hear when the shark is in the water in the movie Jaws. Doesn’t work at all, does it? It’s the same with writing. The music has to be right or the mood is broken.

I write erotic romance. I have to really concentrate when I write a love scene for I want it to be right. I want the reader to feel everything my characters are feeling. Listening to songs with lyrics distracts me during those crucial scenes, so I turn to New Age instrumentals. The strings, harps, and flutes all go along with the sexy mood I’m trying to convey.

The following scene from my new book, Smokin’ Hot, is one I wrote while listening to Tony O’Connor. I can’t imagine a better composer to listen to while my heroine and hero fall in love.

* * *

Instead of her tears slowing, they flowed even faster. No matter how tightly he held her, he couldn’t keep her body from quivering.

“Rayna, stop crying. Please.”

“I c-c-can’t!”

Afraid she’d make herself sick, he thought about what he could do to help her. He used to be able to stop her tears when they were together. They weren’t together any longer, but perhaps what he used to do would still work.

He fisted a handful of her hair, pulled her head from his shoulder, and covered her lips with his.

Her body jerked as if he’d shocked her. Then, with a soft moan, she relaxed against him. Her arms tightened around his neck, her mouth softened beneath his. What started out as a kiss to halt her crying soon turned into lust.

A jolt passed through his body. He didn’t understand how one kiss with his ex-wife could affect him so strongly, yet it did. Perhaps because it had been much too long since he’d held a woman against him, had her hands run over him in passion. His dick lengthened, thickened, in preparation to take her.

Something that couldn’t happen.

Marcus ended the kiss. He stared into hazel eyes that remained wet from Rayna’s tears. She stared right back at him, her lips parted, her breathing sounding harsh and labored.

He should release her. He should step back and not touch her again.

Apparently, she disagreed with what he should do. She grabbed the back of his head and urged him into another kiss.

Instinct, memories, hormones—whatever—took over for Marcus. The taste he remembered flowed past his lips and over his tongue. He tightened his arms around Rayna until their bodies touched in as many places as possible. Holding her ass with one hand, he urged her closer until her belly cushioned his cock.

When she wrapped one leg around his thigh and hunched her mound against him, Marcus lost all ability to think. Gripping her ass tighter, he backed her the few steps to the front door. He hooked her legs over his arms and lifted her until he could press his hard cock to the warm place between her thighs.

* * *

Smokin’ Hot is available now in print and ebook. More information and direct buy links are available on my website.


http://www.lynnlafleur.com/smokin_hot.htm

No comments: